Happy New Year!
Last year was incredibly productive and critically foundational to the work we have teed up in 2020. I would like to thank everyone who participated and provided feedback on all the products we co-designed.
In 2019 we:
- Created a 2-year work plan (and we’re still on target!)
- Adopted Co-Design strategy
- Compiled and discussed early mapping tool ideas
- Initiated Coordination and Mapping subgroups
- Designed a Public Input tool for gathering more feedback
- Created an Implementation Plan outline
- Committed to an adaptive management approach
- Reestablished recurring blog posts
- Drafted an informational website
- Agreed on our Desired Future States for each goal area
- Brainstormed metrics to track progress in each goal area
We are also very excited to be recently invited to participate in the Green – Duwamish Watershed 2020 Symposium. I hope you see you at this symposium on February 24th, 2020!
At our next stakeholder meeting (Thursday, February 13) we will continue working on our Implementation Plan for those actions needed to improve the watershed. If you would like to learn more, please email me directly.
If you would like to follow our progress, subscribe to this blog post, and engage as we transform the watershed together.
Cheers to 2020!